A pink dress with mermaids and whales and other sea creatures? I was so sure she would love it. But she didn’t. She didn’t even want to try it on. Simon convinced her to wear it though, and she wore it when she watched “The Frog Prince” play with a friend last weekend. I took some photos before they left the house and I think it grew on her because she later told me she liked it. Whew!
I used the Sally dress pattern from luvinthemummyhood and it’s the first time I made a bodice lining, the pattern was quite straightforward but I got stuck trying to attach the bodice to the skirt, it actually took me days to figure it out haha. I made the size 3 for muppet (I just compared the finished bodice chest measurement with one of her dresses), and used exactly a yard of Sarah Jane’s Out to Sea Mermaid Play plus a half yard of white cotton voile for the bodice and pocket linings. I love how it turned out and I will definitely make a few more dresses out of this pattern, I would love to try the short sleeves for my next one.
In other news, my Anna pattern just arrived and that means I can join the BHL’s Anna sewalong. Yay!